Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Get to know Todd Duncan & Lori Bervoets!

Todd & Lori are the dynamic duo at Hunter's Lane high school. And what an interesting pair they are...Todd is also musician and Lori is a board certified attorney!

Get to know me…Lori Bervoets

1. My family includes…three grown kids: two girls and a boy.
2. My favorite local Nashville spot is…Radnor Lake
3. If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…That they care more about books than people.
4. My favorite book or author is…How can I pick one? I’ll name several and that still won’t come close. But here goes: Anne Lamott, Lianne Moriarty, Philippa Gregory, Jonathan Tropper, Jhumpa Lahiri.
5. My warning label would be…slap me if I won’t shut up
6. The literary character I most identify with is…I’m inspired by Cheryl Strayed’s journey in Wild.
7. I would love to travel to…India
8. I think life is better with…Diet Coke


Get to know me…Todd Duncan

1. My family includes my wife Kathleen, daughter Lizzie and Goddaughter Elizabeth
2. My secret talent is Nashville songwriter and musician
3. My favorite local Nashville spot is Taco Mamacita
4. If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be that we are quiet and boring
5. My favorite book or author is The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
6. My warning label would be handle with care
7. I decided to became a school librarian because I love kids, love to read and love books
8. I would love to travel to England
9. I think life is better with family and friends


Get to know my library…from Lori's perspective

1. Some of my students' favorite library resources are…DVDs and graphic novels, Limitless Libraries!
2. My biggest success as a school librarian has been…a former “bad boy” student who loved to read told me I was the one good part of school for him.
3. You're happiest when your library…finds ways for students to interact and become involved – rather than just visit.
4. One way I collaborate with teachers…try to find a niche. A teacher didn’t know much about Office 365 so I taught myself and offered to teach her kids. She told the other teachers in her department and several wanted me to do the same for them.
5. I would love to have a Smartboard in my library.
6. The thing I love most about my library is…that students feel comfortable and want to visit.
7. My library is busiest …during One Lunch when students can go anywhere in the building. We usually have 75- 100 in the library during that time.
8. I think every library needs…welcoming librarians.

Get to know my library…from Todd's perspective

1. My biggest success as a school librarian has been personal relationships with my students
2. You're happiest when your library is full of kids
3. One way I collaborate with teachers is to find resources for them and help with technology
4. I would love to have video screens for student projects in my library.
5. The thing I love most about my library is the students
6. I think every library needs Librarians who love people and have a heart to serve others





No comments:

Post a Comment