Thursday, April 14, 2016

Get to know...Barbara Edwards!

Barbara Edwards is the librarian at Cane Ridge Elementary School. She is one of our retirees this year and we are definitely going to miss her. Fun fact about Barbara...earlier in her career her library temporarily housed 3 classes of students! So, in order to still meet the needs of the students and teachers she loaded up carts of books and moved the library outside!


Get to know me…

1.     My family includes…my husband, 2 children, and 2 grandchildren
2.     My secret talent is…I like to sew
   3.    My favorite local Nashville spot is…Nashville Farmer's Market
4.     If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…Sternness
5.     My favorite book or author is…Three Times Lucky, by Sheila Turnage
6.     My warning label would be…Caution:  I brake for books!
7.     I decided to became a school librarian because…I fell in love with a research class I was in    while pursuing a Reading degree.

Get to know my library…

1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are…Maker Space materials, Pebblego, and    my clerk, Ms. Lessie!
2.     One of my biggest libraries fails was…trying to train 4th graders to shelve non-fiction
a.     I learned…to stick with 2 or 3 students instead of more than that.
3.     You're happiest when your library…is full of children!
4.     One way I collaborate with teachers…send a list of ideas and ask which ones they would like to do.
5.     My library is busiest when…grade levels are doing guided reading (library is one of the center stations).
6.  I think every library needs…child sized furniture, soft and comfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment