Elizabeth Coble is the librarian at Donelson Middle Prep. She previously taught English/Language Arts in private school before becoming a MNPS librarian.
Get to know me…
1. My family includes…a wonderful husband of almost 32(!) years and 2 talented and beautiful and intelligent daughters—one 27 and one 25
2. My favorite local Nashville spot is…the Bellevue branch of the NPL!!
3. If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…the image of the librarian as a “Keeper of the Book Sanctuary.”
4. My favorite book or author is…To Kill a Mockingbird
5. I decided to became a school librarian because…I’m an educator (28 years as a secondary English teacher) and a book lover. Being a school librarian is just another way of sharing my love of literature and commitment to a life of learning.
6. I would love to travel to…Wow! Where WOULDN’T I like to go!? But right now I’d like to go to Italy.
7. I think life is better with…books, books and MORE books! Did I mention books?
Get to know my library…
1. My biggest success as a school librarian has been…radically increasing library material circulation—with both my school collection and with Limitless Libraries.
2. You're happiest when your library…is FULL of students who are busy using every corner, aspect and resource of it.
3. I would love to have _a super-duper Makerspace_ in my library.
4. The thing I love most about my library is…how much it is used by Donelson patrons every. single. day. When we have to close the library for testing or something, students are devastated!
5. My library is quietest in the first few moments following the departure of a bustling, busy class!
6. I think every library needs…a fantastic clerk like mine!!