Saturday, April 23, 2016

Get to know...Ericka Dixie!

Erikca Dixie is the librarian at Alex Green Elementary. She transferred from high school to elementary school this year and is doing a fabulous job. Anytime you go to her library there is evidence and work of all of the lessons she is teaching!

Get to know me…

1. My family includes…My husband, our 2 children, our dog Whiskers, and 2 Beta Fish (Blueberry and Raspberry.

2. My favorite local Nashville spot is…The Melting Pot, Urban Grub, The Pharmacy and Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles(yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy)!

3. If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…that school librarians only read books to students and checkout.

4. The literary character I most identify with is… Ms. Frizzle (Magic School Bus)

5. I decided to became a school librarian because…I enjoy books, teaching students, and I wanted to be hands on in the process of making a difference in how students view the library and literacy :)

6. I would love to travel to…As many countries in Africa as possible, Amazon Rain Forest, the Swiss Alps, Castle Rock Maine and Mecca.

7. I think life is better with… Dark Chocolate (70% coca or higher) :)


Get to know my library…

1. My biggest success as a school librarian has been…being able to connect with those students who have lost their love of reading or are struggling readers, find again the passion, excitement, and discovery that only reading can give you. Also, being able to transform the library into a warm and inviting place for the students, faculty, staff and community to enjoying using.

2. You're happiest when your library…is being used as a learning resource tool and I am being used as a connection to those resources.

3. One way I collaborate with teachers…I attend their grade level meetings.

4. I would love to have _____ in my library. A smartboard, a cart of 25-30 ipads, and a laptop cart of 25-30 laptops.

5. The thing I love most about my library is… it is bright and welcoming.






No comments:

Post a Comment