Thursday, April 14, 2016

Get to know...Jan Brown!

Jan Brown is another one of our retiring librarians this school year. We will miss her and we know her school will miss her...she has been at Chadwell Elementary School for all 30 years of her career! First as a classroom teacher then later as the librarian.


Get to know me…

1.     My family includes… parents, one twin brother, and a sister
2.     My favorite local Nashville spot is… Green Hills Mall
3.     My favorite book or author is…Jan Karon (The Mitford series)
4.     The literary character I most identify with is…Betsy from Maud Hart Lovelace books
5.     I decided to became a school librarian because…I love children’s literature
6.     I would love to travel to…England

 Get to know my library…

1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are…Pebble Go
2.     You're happiest when your library…is busy.
3.     One way I collaborate with teachers…tie lessons to social studies (especially the 1st grade)
4.     The thing I love most about my library is…open windows looking outside (lots of light)
5.     My library is quietest when…students are busy reading books
6.  I think every library needs…lots of books!







No comments:

Post a Comment