Saturday, April 30, 2016

Get to know...Jeanette Lambert!

Jeanette Lambert is the librarian at Pearl-Cohn High School. She is also one of our retiring librarians that we are sad to see go :(

Get to Know Me:
1.     My family includes husband, daughter, and two sons.
2.     My secret talent is finding bargains in stores
3.     My favorite local Nashville spot is Monell’s.
4.     One librarian stereotype to eliminate is bookworm.
5.     My favorite book or author is Walter Dean Myers.
6.     My warning label would be  “Either help me to move forward or stay out of my way.”
7.     The literary character I most identify with is Wilona Sands Watson in The Watsons  Go To Birmingham-1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis.
8.     I decided to become a school librarian because I had positive experiences with my high school librarian.
9.     I would love to tavel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
10.  I think life is better with a positive attitude, no matter what the situation.

Get to know my library:
1.     Some of my students’ favorite library resources are dvds.
2.     One of my biggest library failures was not having an active library advisory council.
a.     I learned that I cannot make the library successful all by myself.
3.     My biggest success as a school librarian has been conducting reading circles with groups of individuals and classes. 
4.     You’re happiest when your library is being used  by different groups for socratic seminars, reading discussions, and  online research all at the same time.
5.     One way I collaborate with teachers is during content area planning meetings.
6.     I would love to have a small cafĂ© within my library.
7.     The thing I like most about my library is the openness.
8.     My library is busiest during common lunch period.
9.     My library is t he quiestest during the last block of the day.
10.  I think every library needs a full time professional and a full time support person (clerk, technology asst., or library assistant to manage the library and perform  services.






No comments:

Post a Comment