Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Get to know...Melissa Mitchell!

Melissa Mitchell joined us this school year from Memphis, where she was also a school librarian. She has been a great asset to our team and to Haywood Elementary School.

Get to know me…

1.     My family includes… My husband, Donald and my three cats, Lucky, Ab, and Lily.
2.     My favorite local Nashville spot is… Don’t have one yet… Looking for suggestions!
3.     If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…We like things to be silent.
4.     My favorite book or author is… too many!  Can’t choose just one.
5.     The literary character I most identify with is… different ones for different reasons.  Laura Ingalls, Hermione Granger, and Stephanie Plum
6.     I decided to became a school librarian because… some of my fondest memories were of going to the library when I was a child.  I’ve always loved books and wanted to share that with others.
7.     I would love to travel to…Hogwarts or just back to Europe.
8.  I think life is better with…Friends, cats, and books.

 Get to know my library…

1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are…Limitless Libraries.
2.     One of my biggest library fails was… the first time I taught a kindergarten class that spoke no English.
a.     I learned…repetition and patience are very important along with the ability to laugh at yourself.
3.     My biggest success as a school librarian has been… having students thank me for helping them to love to read or find the perfect book.
4.     You're happiest when your library… is full of patrons.
5.     One way I collaborate with teachers… is to look at the weekly focus and make suggestions on materials and websites that may help.
6.     I would love to have more space in my library.
7.     The thing I love most about my library is… my clerk, Bobbie Cathey, and our sweet students!
8.     My library is busiest when… we have classes and open checkout each morning.
9.     My library is quietest when… the bell has rung for the day.
10.  I think every library needs…a knowledgeable and caring librarian.





No comments:

Post a Comment