Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Get to know...Reeta Parks!

Reeta is our librarian at Meigs Middle Academic Magnet School and she was voted by her peers as middle school librarian of the year!

Get to know me…

1. My family includes…My husband of 33 years, Wayne, our daughter Lesley (27), son Jackson (23) and four year old boxer/bulldog mix, Tobias Earl Parks.

2. My secret talent is…voice/speech imitation, not to be confused with singing.

3. My favorite local Nashville spot is…Radnor Lake.

4. If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…timidity! I think 21st century LISs are anything but timid.

5. My favorite book or author is…Author Ruta Sepetys! I am so grateful for the stories she has shared with the world.

6. My warning label would be…borrowed from Fran Lebowitz: Think before you speak. Read before you think.

7. The literary character I most identify with is…Alice in Wonderland.

8. I decided to become a school librarian because…I love the power of words, both spoken and written. In my first career I was a speech therapist, but after I had children and reconnected with children’s literature, I knew I had to become a librarian.

9. I would love to travel to…Ireland.

10. I think life is better with…margareeta’s! ;)

Get to know my library… 

1. Some of my students' favorite library resources are…graphic novels!

2. You're happiest when your library…is filled with kids working, creating and enjoying being here.

3. One way I collaborate with teachers…is by attending team meetings, knowing their curriculum and standards, and inserting myself in to the process.

4. I would love to have...a cafe in my library.

5. The thing I love most about my library is…all the people (students, teachers, admins., parents) who make it buzz! 

6. My library is busiest when…students are in need of a new book to read or a new project has launched. 

7. My library is quietest when…testing is on everyone’s minds. :(

8. I think every library needs…a clerk! I can’t imagine trying to fulfill my role without my clerk to support all the programming, circulation and activity in our library!





No comments:

Post a Comment