Monday, April 18, 2016

Get to know...Sharon Thompson & Nicole Greer!

Sharon & Nicole are the two librarians at Antioch High School. Sharon has been a MNPS librarian for several years and in fact is a professor at Trevecca in the library science program. This is Nicole's first year as a MNPS librarian and we are so glad she came on board!

Get to know me…Nicole
1.     If I could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be that we have time to sit and read books all day.
2.     My favorite author is Toni Morrison.
3.     I decided to become a school librarian because it made perfect sense! Kids, books, and technology—why didn’t I think of it sooner?!
4.     I would love to travel to Bahia, Brazil.
5.     I think life is better with lemon cupcakes.

Get to know my library…from Nicole's perspective
1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are our board games, card games, and puzzles.
2.     I’m happiest when my library is abuzz with collaboration among students and teachers.
3.     I would love to have contemporary artwork in my library.
4.     The thing I love most about my library is the diversity in our collection; it’s intellectual freedom at its best.
5.     My library is busiest when the doors open at 6:50 a.m. Around 100 students are here every morning.

Get to know me…Sharon
1.     My family includes…My husband Charles, two daughters Alice (husband Jonathan) and Amanda and three grandchildren Micah, Essie and Ellie
2.     My secret talent is…cooking (learning to do Gluten Free)
3.     My favorite local Nashville spot is…home
4.     If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…in their job they just sit up there and read
5.     My favorite book or author is…too many to name
6.     I decided to became a school librarian because…I love to read :)
7.     I would love to travel to…Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand more much more 


Get to know my library…from Sharon's perspective
1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are…their librarians, computers and databases
2.     One of my biggest library fails was…I really cannot say anything was a big fail because if it did not go exactly as planned something good usually came out of it.
a.     I learned…to keep trying
3.     My biggest success as a school librarian has been…willing to try anything once :)
4.     You're happiest when your library…is busy
5.     One way I collaborate with teachers…talking with them
6.     I would love to have up to date computers, a 3D printer, a larger maker space in my library.
7.     The thing I love most about my library is…the openness of the layout
8.  I think every library needs…up to date equipment so the librarians can teach the ISTE standards





No comments:

Post a Comment