Friday, April 29, 2016

Get to know...Susan Williams!

Susan is the librarian at Fall-Hamilton Elementary. However, she is retiring this year and we are sad to see her go but wish her the best!

Get to know me…
1.     My family includes…myself and my two 4 legged children ;)
2.     My favorite local Nashville spot is…Cheekwood, I go every chance I get.
3.     If you could eliminate one librarian stereotype it would be…That the books are more important than the people using them.
4.     My favorite book or author is…Tolkein and J.K. Rolling. I am a fantasy addict.
5.     My warning label would be…if my voice is raised...run!
6.     I decided to became a school librarian because…Reading is, and always has been, my favorite thing to do. Growing up the Richland Library was my favorite place to go.
7.     I would love to travel to…Anywhere and Everywhere!
8.  I think life is better with…imagination


Get to know my library…
1.     Some of my students' favorite library resources are…graphics
2.     One of my biggest libraries fails was…My first year in an elementary school (I started out in middle school)  I planned a lesson where kindergarteners were to put books in alphabetical order by the first word in the title. I didn’t realize at the time that they didn’t even have a grasp on what letters were, quite less what order they went in.
a.     I learned…Never to assume students had prior knowledge
3.     My biggest success as a school librarian has been…when students tell me they want to be librarians when they grow up.
4.     You're happiest when your library…is busy
5.     I would love to have  more space, windows and someone to help with shelving in my library. Small libraries have advantages and disadvantages.
6.     The thing I love most about my library is…the atmosphere. People comment on how interesting and inviting it is. It's small but full of items I've collected over the years.





No comments:

Post a Comment