Monday, July 18, 2016

Meet New to MNPS, Librarian, Christa Cordrey

Let's get to know,  Christa Cordrey, new librarian at Pearl-Cohn!


1. Tell us about your family/pets:

        I am single and have no pets! My parents and sister live nearby and I am the proud aunt of 2 nephews and 1 niece.

2. Tell us your professional background:

      I have been a school librarian for 6 years, all at Greenbrier Middle School.   I am also the technology chair at the TN Association of School Librarians.

3. Why did you become a librarian?

    I love books and technology. This seems like a great way to combine those loves.

4. What’s your favorite book?

     Whatever I am reading at the time! But really, I love realistic fiction like SPEAK by Laurie Halse Anderson. I also recently read ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES by Jennifer Niven and really loved it.

5. MNPS LOVES our librarians- tell us why you are thrilled to be a part of our team?

     MNPS is a HUGE system that has earned a reputation as a powerhouse for teachers and librarians. I want to be a part of that!

6. What are you most excited about implementing at your school?

    I'm going to start strong with an emphasis on reading. I'm going to do everything in my power to make reading happen more at my new school!

No comments:

Post a Comment