Monday, August 1, 2016

Meet New to MNPS, Librarian, Angel Sloss

Let's get to know Angel Sloss, new librarian at Jere Baxter!


  1.  Tell us about your family/pets:

             I have a bright eyed, bubbly 9-year-old daughter and currently no pets.

2.     Tell us your professional background: 

           I worked for the Public Library- Downtown for 4 years as a Circulation Assistant II; from there, I spent 4 years as an Academic Librarian for Strayer University and as a Volunteer Technical Services Librarian at Fisk University.

3.     Why did you become a librarian?  

          While working at the Public Library, my manager suggested that I would be a great librarian. Friends and family also kept saying that I should consider it as a career. I was totally against it, as a kid I was always called the “librarian” or I looked like a “teacher”. So one day, I gave in and figured I would get a degree in library science and I never looked back. Afterwards, everything in my life made sense and it was something that I was really good at; I quickly realized it was my calling. Now I love being called “the librarian” or people referring to me as a teacher; it’s a totally cool thing!

4.     What’s your favorite Book?

         Fences by August Wilson. 

5.     MNPS LOVES our librarians- tell us why you are thrilled to be a part of our team? 

         I am thrilled because I grew up in Nashville. I love my community; I want to join something innovative. I want to be a part of something that makes learning fun. I want to help our community become better achievers and readers, something that I see being accomplished by the MNPS Librarians!

6.     What are you most excited about implementing at your school?
      
       I’m excited about implementing a spatial design that appeals to the Jere Baxter Students, Literacy Programs, Service Learning through Digital Literacy, International Game Day and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment