Monday, August 8, 2016

Meet new to MNPS, Librarian, Stacey Vandrasik

Let's get to know Stacey Vandrasik, new librarian at Whitsitt Elementary!



1. Tell us about your family/ pets:

    I live in Kingston Springs with my husband of 19 years and our three children, Carter (13), Parker (12), and our surprise baby Geneva (10 months). We also have a dog named Missy Sue.

2. Tell us about your professional background:

      I worked for 14 years in graphic design before going back to school to get my MLIS. This will be my 6th year as a school librarian, but it will be my first year as an elementary librarian.

3. Why did you become a librarian?

      I became a librarian ,because it combined my love of art with my love of reading and working with children.

4. What's your favorite book?

       I am horrible at answering any "favorite" questions. I can't tell you my favorite food or my favorite restaurant or movie. I think maybe it feels to confining to pick just one. I will say though that I have one book that I will always remember as a very powerful experience for me. I remember reading Lord of the Flies and being challenged mentally about the role we each play in society and our need for rules and order within society.

5. MNPS LOVES our librarians- tell us why you are thrilled to be a part of our team?

      I am excited to join team MNPS to expand my experiences culturally and professionally.

6. What are you most excited about implementing at your school?
     
    We have a very large turn over at Whitsitt this year, and I would love to take this opportunity to make the library as useful and helpful to all the new teachers as possible. Together we can plan what works best for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment