Friday, April 21, 2017

Katie Garrett, Librarian at Isaac Litton Middle

Get to know me!
My family includes...myself and my two dogs.
My secret talent is...painting furniture.
My favorite local Nashville spot is...Welcome Home – it’s an adorable home goods store run by wonderful people.
If you could eliminate 1 librarian stereotype it would be...that librarians always want the library to be a quiet place.
My favorite book is...The Catcher in the Rye.
I decided to become a school librarian because...I love reading and working with students and it was a natural transition after teaching Spanish for six years.
I would love to travel to...Cuba.
I think life is better with...good friends and good books.

Get to know my library!
Some of my student's favorite library resources are...the makerspace and Limitless Libraries.
I am happiest when my library is...full of students.
One way I collaborate with teachers is...to help them look for quality resources to use in their instruction.
I would love to have...more iPads available to check out to students in the library.
The thing I love most about my library is...our makerspace.
My library is busiest when...all areas of the library are full of students checking out books, researching on the computers, and working in the makerspace.
My library is quietest when...students are testing.
I think every library needs...a culture of welcoming all of their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment