Friday, April 14, 2017

Phyllis Carman, Librarian at DuPont Hadley Middle

Get to know me!
1.  My family includes...my husband, Jimmy, three children, Jonathan, Julie, Jordan, one grandson, Jaden and a dog, Gracie.
2.  My secret talent is...making people smile.
3.  My favorite local Nashville spot is... reading at the Cascades. (Opryland Hotel).
4.  If you could eliminate 1 librarian stereotype it would be...a negative atmosphere in the library that makes patrons feel unwelcome.
5. My favorite book or author is...the Bible.
6. The literary character I most identify with is...Moe Moe Bay. (Pink & Say)
7.  I decided to become a school librarian because...I love people of all ages and books in all formats.
8.  I would love to travel to...New Zealand.
9.  I think life is better with...loving God with all your heart.

Get to know my library!

1.  Some of my students’ favorite library resources are...books, DVDs, playaways from the Hadley collection and NPL resources.
2.  I am happiest when my library is...packed with those I love-students, parents, grandparents teachers, & staff.
3.  One way I collaborate with teachers is...to have a personal relationship.
4.  I would love to have...a library dog.  (A service dog would be impractical but would bring a smile to the neediest of students)
5.  The thing I love most about my library is...EVERYTHING! (Especially my precious students).
6.  My library is busiest when...students are working on projects especially PBLs.
7.  My library is quietest when...students are absorbed in a good book.
8.  I think every library needs a caring library staff where every patron feels loved and valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment