Wednesday, April 19, 2017


Piper Nyman, Librarian at Shwab Elementary

Get to know me!
1.  My family includes...my husband Jeff, Sophie (13) and Olivia (11).

2.  My secret talent is...that I have no talent. My motto is, "sing anyway."

3.  My favorite local Nashville spot is...Warner Parks, Edwin or Percy, they are both amazing!

4.  If you could eliminate 1 librarian stereotype it would be...
"shhh!" I am a proud loud librarian.

5. My favorite book or author is...Barbara Kinsolver and Sherman Alexie.

6. The literary character I most identify with is...I couldn't name just one.

7.  I decided to become a school librarian because...it's the best job in the world!

8.  I would love to travel to...all of the ancient places that aren't so safe right now.
9.  I think life is better with...audiobooks! I love books of all kinds, but a good audiobook is a special kind of escape.


Get to know my library!

1.  Some of my student's favorite library resources are...they love PebbleGo and all of the comics (of course!)

2.  I am happiest when my library is...humming with activity.

3.  One way I collaborate with teachers is...by being involved in all of the school-wide teams I can fit into my schedule - especially the Leadership and Data teams.

4.  I would love to have...new Bluetooth scanners for checkout.

5.  The thing I love most about my library is...it is a nice shape (though small) and has great natural light.

6.  My library is busiest when...it's time for Open Checkout after it's been closed for assessments.

7.  My library is quietest when...I am reading/telling a spooky story.

8.  I think every library needs...face-out displays, lots and lots of face-out displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment