Monday, April 3, 2017


Sheila Green, Librarian at Taylor Stratton Elementary School

Getting to know me!

1. My family includes my husband, four sisters and two brothers.
2. My secret talent is cooking and being mischievous.
3. My favorite local Nashville spot is T-PAC, and Nissan Stadium.
4. If I could eliminate 1 librarian stereotype it would be the non-attractive, old-maid with her hair in a bun.
5. My favorite book is Hidden Figures.
6. The literary character I most identify with is Celie in The Color Purple.
7. I decided to become a school librarian because of the love of books and I enjoy connecting people with information.
8. I would love to travel to Europe.
9. I think life is better with family, friends, and God in your life.

Getting to know my library!

1. Some of my student’s favorite library resources are playaways, computers, and various databases.
2. I am happiest when my library is utilized every second of the day.
3. One way I collaborate with teachers is meeting with faculty during grade level meetings and discussing what standards are being taught.  I also ask how I can assist them with integrating information and literacy into their lessons.
4. I would love to have a SMART board.
5. The thing I love most about my library is that it is inviting and conducive to learning.
6. My library is busiest during the morning before school begins.  The students come in for Read and Rap which is 30 minutes of reading and talking about books before school.
7. My library is quietest when it is being utilized for testing.
8. I think every library needs a librarian that has outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to embrace change, and is knowledgeable of new trends in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment